Thursday, April 15, 2010

reading over patterns


"reading over patterns"
this painting was finished a while ago and is sold, but I wanted to share some of the process of completing it





Behind my painting is one that my friend Jordan was working on for the art class we did at our home.



the face is masked in white for even flesh tones to go on top. the shirt was simplified alot in the end- but I did keep the pose.



here is version that I worked in photoshop of what I wanted the upper body pose to look like. any guesses of where the upper body reference is from?




this is also worked in photoshop. Im getting a feel of how the figure would look with different outfits on. My brother in law posed for the leggings for a reference sketch. the background is also finding its place.



this is how the painting sat for a few years -not finished but I knew I wanted to finish it. I didnt use a solid reference for the figure and that ercked me enough to stop and rework it, with more of a reference. I like to get obsessive with patterns of materials, it is relaxing like sorting silverwear which I also like to do.


2 comments:

Amber said...

That is so beautiful. I love that you use your talents. :)

sweetlissybug said...

It really is beautiful.